- Paper under review titled Methodological Issues with Search in MEDLINE: A Longitudinal Query Analysis (preprint link to bioRxiv).
- Paper under review titled What documents cannot do; Revisiting Polanyi and the tacit knowledge dilemma.
- Paper on Evaluating MEDLINE: Exploring the mechanisms responsible for variances across platforms accepted to EAHIL in Łódź, Poland. With Robert Shapiro, Tyler Nix, and Jeffrey Huber. June 2020. The conference has been postponed to Autumn 2020 due to COVID-19 (I will unlikely be able to go during this time).
- Paper on Bibliographic Subject Analysis of Fake News accepted to QQML 2020 Barcelona, Spain. With Jenny Bossaller. May 2020. Presented virtually due to COVID-19.
Work in Progress
- Research and Creative Activies grant awarded for a fake news project titled How News Articles as Documents Influence Perceptions of Fake News in the amount of $2,336. With Renee Kaufmann and Anthony Limperos. February 2020. University of Kentucky, College of Communication and Information.
- Search result outliers among MEDLINE platforms published in the Journal of the Medical Library Association with Robert Shapiro, Tyler Nix, and Jeffrey Huber. 2019.
ICT 418: Linux Systems Administration: Undergraduate course covering systems administration using the GNU/Linux operating system (Ubuntu and Fedora). Topics include Bash scripting, managing users, installing, securing, and managing services such as MySQL, and more.
LIS 690: Electronic Resource Management: Graduate course on managing electronic resources for libraries. Topics covered include the technologies and systems involved, legal issues such as managing copyright, and more.
ICT 420: Semantic Web Development: Undergraduate course focused on HTML5, CSS3, JSON-LD, and Git as well as usability and accessibility. Main software tool: text editor.
LIS/ICT 658: Knowledge Management: Graduate course on organizational knowledge management with some emphasis on disaster and risk management and communication. Although this is an online course, students are central in selecting specific readings.
Current Git Repos
- Earth's Holocaust
- Come Sail Away
- On the Bookshelf
- The Chronicles
- Past Colleagues
- On Consistency
- Restaurant Dreams
- 35 Days
- An Action Under Which Description
- The Slow Down
- I'd Rather
- It's the Little Things
- On Screen Size
- On Research Speed
- On Stress Relief
- On Sheltering
- On Social Distancing
- Losing a Walker Friend
- When a Baby Cries as a Toddler
- Converting Markdown to HTML with Table of Contents Using Pandoc
- Switching Window Managers
- Remembering Some Text
- Some Observations on Usability Pertaining to a Child
- Bad Superblock
- A Quick Bash One-Liner and Children
- Tidyverse Skeptic Too
- Make Email Fun
- Some Routines I Find Calming
- The Product
- The Walkers
- On Solitude
- On Writing and its Tools
- Using Ed, The Standard Text Editor
- Keeping it Minimal